Minutes from the Ubuntu Kernel Team meeting, 2013-01-08

Joseph Salisbury joseph.salisbury at canonical.com
Tue Jan 8 17:16:37 UTC 2013

= Meeting Minutes =
[[http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2013/01/08/%23ubuntu-meeting.txt|IRC Log of
the meeting.]]
[[http://voices.canonical.com/kernelteam|Meeting minutes.]]

== Agenda ==
[[https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/Meeting#Tues, 08 Jan, 2013|20130108
Meeting Agenda]]

=== ARM Status  ===
  R/master: working on multiplatform (and dtb) support, but except for
that, nothing to report this week.

=== Release Metrics and Incoming Bugs  ===
  Release metrics and incoming bug data can be reviewed at the following
link:
      * http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/reports/kt-meeting.txt

=== Milestone Targeted Work Items  ===
  || apw         || hardware-r-kernel-config-review       || 9 work items ||
  ||             || hardware-r-delta-review               || 4 work items ||
  ||             || hardware-r-arm-kernel-maintenance     || 2 work items ||
  ||             || hardware-r-kernel-misc                || 4 work items ||
  ||             || foundations-r-x32-planning            || 2 work items ||
  ||             || desktop-r-clean-old-kernels           || 1 work item  ||
  || ogasawara   || hardware-r-kernel-config-review       || 2 work items ||
  || ppisati     || hardware-r-kernel-config-review       || 1 work item  ||
  ||             || hardware-r-kernel-version-and-flavors || 2 work items ||
  ||             || hardware-r-delta-review               || 1 work item  ||
  || sconklin    || hardware-r-arm-power-measurement      || 3 work items ||
  || rtg         || hardware-r-delta-review               || 1 work item  ||

  We have rebased the Raring kernel to the latest v3.8-rc2 upstream
  kernel.  We have held off on uploading until we have resolved some DKMS
  package build failures.  Everyone should also review the
  ubuntu-raring/dropped.txt file to review anything that may have
  inadvertantly gone missing after the rebase.
  Important upcoming dates:
   * Raring:
    * Fri Jan 18 - 13.04 Month 3 Milestone (1 week)
    * Mon Feb 18 - 13.04 Month 4 Milestone (~6 weeks)
   * Precise:
    * Thu Jan 10 - 12.04.2 Kernel Freeze (~2 days)
    * Thu Feb 14 - 12.04.2 Release (~5 weeks)

  We should have the last DKMS issues fixed tomorrow.
  We may have -rc3 by then as well.

  Currently we have 33 CVEs on our radar, with 4 CVE added and 2 CVEs
retired since last meeting (11th Dec).
  See the CVE matrix for the current list:
      * http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/cve/pkg/ALL-linux.html
  Overall the backlog has decreased slightly this week:
      * http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/status/cve-metrics.txt
      * http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/cve/pkg/CVE-linux.txt

Quantal/Precise/Oneiric/Lucid/Hardy  ===
  Here is the status for the main kernels, until today (January 08):
   * Hardy - Nothing in this cycle
   * Lucid - In Testing; 1 CVE; (2 commits)
   * Oneiric - In Verification; 2 CVEs; 4 upstream stable release(s);
(78 commits)
   * Precise - In Verification; 3 CVEs; 1 upstream stable release(s);
(104 commits)
   * Quantal - In Verification; 3 CVEs; 1 upstream stable release(s);
(254 commits)
  Current opened tracking bugs details:
   * http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/reports/kernel-sru-workflow.html
  For SRUs, SRU report is a good source of information:
   * http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/reports/sru-report.html
  Future stable cadence cycles:
   * https://wiki.ubuntu.com/RaringRingtail/ReleaseInterlock

=== Open Discussion or Questions? Raise your hand to be recognized ===
  No discussions.