Patch pilot report

David Henningsson david.henningsson at canonical.com
Thu Sep 20 13:00:54 UTC 2012

My first patch pilot. I found it difficult to know what to do. The
sponsoring list [1] contained only stuff I knew nothing about, and I
have no privileges except for ALSA and PulseAudio.

So after commenting a little on merge proposal [2] I instead tried to go
through bugs in PulseAudio and alsa-driver with patches in them. Several
of them were not patches, and two were already in. One of them however,
bug 559939, I picked up, sent to upstream, where it was immediately
accepted and is probably scheduled for Linux 3.7.

One (bug 817786) was a patch for an application that is only present in
a PPA, so I asked the PPA maintainer to have a look at the patch and
closed it for PulseAudio.

--
David Henningsson, Canonical Ltd.
https://launchpad.net/~diwic