[nexus7] glx support disabled for tegra?

ubuntu-devel at iamsrp.com ubuntu-devel at iamsrp.com
Sun Nov 11 19:06:06 UTC 2012

Hi,

I recently installed the Ubuntu Nexus 7 beta image on my tablet. Whilst playing
around trying to get a few things to work I noticed the following in
/usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/61-tegra-gpu.conf:

  # Disable extensions not useful on Tegra.
  Section "Module"
      Disable     "dri"
      Disable     "dri2"
      Disable     "glx"
      SubSection  "extmod"
          Option  "omit xfree86-dga"
      EndSubSection
  EndSection

which was preventing OpenGL stuff from working. After commenting it out things
like glxgears were able to run fine. (Though it looks like they are probably
rendering in software judging by the framerates.)

Was there a reason why glx was marked as disabled?

srp