Releasing Alphas and Betas without "freezing"

Scott Kitterman ubuntu at kitterman.com
Thu Jun 21 18:56:04 UTC 2012

On Thursday, June 21, 2012 01:34:18 PM Robbie Williamson wrote:
> So we've clearly heard the opinion of Kubuntu...are there any other
> derivatives who wish to contribute to this discussion.  I for one, would
> be interested in knowing/hearing how these suggested changes impact them.

FWIW, while I am a Kubuntu developer, I'm also on the Ubuntu release team and
active in a very broad range of activities across the distribution.  My
opinions aren't just from a Kubuntu perspective.  I can tell you that every
non-Canonical flavor struggles every milestone to get image testing done.  "Do
more, more often" just isn't going to happen in any of these flavors.

If Ubuntu Desktop/Server want to take a leap of faith that this'll all turn
out great, I don't expect I'm going to change anyone's mind, just take the
rest of us with you.

Scott K