Freeze next week?

Colin Watson cjwatson at ubuntu.com
Fri Jul 13 10:07:54 UTC 2012

On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 05:42:37PM -0500, Kate Stewart wrote:
> We usually end up soft-freezing from Monday at 2100 until Thursday when
> we ship.   Most of the churn happens between Monday 2100 and Wednesday
> 2100 - so how about that as the window here?   That will give a 2 day
> test?

My only concern is that I don't know that the churn in an ordinary week
will be similar enough to that in a milestone week.  How about three
days, Monday 2100 to Thursday 2100?

> Would rather this be done sooner than later, so we can start to use this
> capability going forward.

Agreed; although I should point out that this is more about removing the
old capability than about starting to use the new one. :-)  (I've been
using the API-based queue accept for some time.)