Blessed virtual machines? (Precise uninstallable on vmware)

Bryce Harrington bryce at canonical.com
Mon Jan 16 09:15:53 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 01:04:13AM -0800, Scott Ritchie wrote:
> Ubiquity has been crashing for me on VMware Player, both for dailies and
> Alpha 1.  This sounds like the sort of bug that wouldn't have survived
> long if vmware installs were part of the new smoke testing process.

bug #?

> Is there a "blessed" (ie, regularly tested working) VM for Ubuntu out there?

I don't know the answer to that, but we've been in coordination with
Vmware on the X side for the upcoming xserver/mesa deployment this week,
and expect breakage this week, with resolution later this week once the
vmware X driver is rebuilt against the new stuff.  So regardless of the
current state, we would expect it to be working within 1 week, or 2 at
the latest.

Bryce