Google Summer of Code 2012 announced

Daniel Holbach daniel.holbach at ubuntu.com
Mon Feb 6 10:11:47 UTC 2012

Hello everybody,

GSoC2012 has been announced [1]. The timeline for the initiative is up
as well [2]. Relevant next dates are:

 * February 27 19:00 UTC:
   Mentoring organizations can begin submitting applications to Google.
 * March 9 23:00 UTC
   Mentoring organization application deadline.
 * March 12-15:
   Google program administrators review organization applications.
 * March 16 19:00 UTC
   List of accepted mentoring organizations published on the Google
   Summer of Code 2012 site.

As you all know, last year our application was unsuccessful, which is
why I'd like us all to collaborate on putting Ubuntu's application as a
mentoring organisation together.

As far as I recall the particular point which was problematic the last
time was a lack of distinct project ideas. Pointing to Ubuntu Brainstorm
or a list of unfinished blueprints is not enough. We need a list of
project ideas we'd be willing to mentor.

There is a check list of things available we need to answer to be able
to apply. [3]

Please help filling out our application. This is important.

 https://wiki.ubuntu.com/GoogleSoC2012

Have a great day,
 Daniel

[1]
http://google-opensource.blogspot.com/2012/02/google-summer-of-code-2012-is-on.html
[2] http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/events/google/gsoc2012
[3]
http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/document/show/gsoc_program/google/gsoc2012/faqs#mentoring_apply

--
Get involved in Ubuntu development! developer.ubuntu.com/packaging
Stay up to date: follow @ubuntudev on identi.ca/twitter.com/facebook.com