Nexus7 Now running 13.04

Sean Feole sean.feole at canonical.com
Fri Dec 7 18:34:11 UTC 2012

Hey All,

I thought it would be appropriate to send a quick note out for all you
Nexus7 users that may have missed todays ubuntu meeting on Freenode.

This week we announced that the 13.04
<http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/daily-preinstalled/current/> build is
available for download. New features include:

Added the oem installer, so no more preinstalled images!! Users can
select their desired Language / Time Zone and Username

The ubuntu-installer-nexus7 was recently updated to rev 1.7 , this new
version now flashes the 13.04 daily builds
For those of you that may not have the installer, you can go grab it @
https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-nexus7/+archive/ubuntu-nexus7-installer
<https://launchpad.net/%7Eubuntu-nexus7/+archive/ubuntu-nexus7-installer>

If some of you want to dist-upgrade from 12.10 -> 13.04 then you may hit
some known issues.

Please refer to the following bugs:

http://pad.lv/1087295
http://pad.lv/1087335

These are the only bugs I found when dist-upgrading. We are urging
everyone to re-flash if you don't want to deal with the workarounds.

Serial Debug is a new feature that was recently added for 13.04, to
enable and use, simply plug the usb cable into the Nexus7, connect to
your computer and via a terminal type:

  * "screen /dev/ttyACM0 115200"

This should drop you into a login prompt. To kill, issue "ctrl-a k"

Refer to the wiki for more info @ https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Nexus7/

Enjoy!
-Sean