Proposal to drop Ubuntu alternate CDs for 12.10

a.grandi at gmail.com a.grandi at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 09:51:47 UTC 2012

Hi,

On 30 August 2012 12:04, Cody A.W. Somerville
<cody-somerville at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> Unfortunately I don't think there is enough room on the desktop CD to
> include d-i with live-installer instead of base-installer  - otherwise I'd
> advocated for such an approach since it would effectively allow us to retain
> installation via d-i.

yeah the available space would be a problem, but...you weren't
planning to discontinue the usual ~700Mb CD in place of 1Gb ISOs to
use them on USB keys?
I think that using a CD to install Ubuntu is even more uncommon than
using USB. It's also slower.

What do you think about?

Best regards,

--
Andrea Grandi - Nokia-DX/Tampere / Qt Ambassador
Ubuntu Member: https://launchpad.net/~andreagrandi