LibreOffice welcomes Qt devs (was: ubuntu-devel Digest, Vol 96, Issue 24)

Bjoern Michaelsen bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com
Wed Aug 22 14:32:49 UTC 2012

Hi,

On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 08:14:21PM +0000, ubuntu-devel-request at lists.ubuntu.com wrote:
> before the decision of dropping Unity-2D I contributed to that project
> with a couple of patches and I was also working on the Qt5 porting.
> Now that the code won't be maintained anymore by Canonical I'd like to
> move to a different project. My main skills/knowledges are Qt/QML and
> C++.
>
> Do you know if there are any Qt projects in Ubuntu where I could start
> contributing?

Well, LibreOffice can use your help in improving the Qt bridge. The code is
mainly here:

http://opengrok.libreoffice.org/xref/core/vcl/unx/kde4/

Patches can be easily submitted here:

 https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/

(only Open-ID required).

Here are bugs to get started:

https://bugs.freedesktop.org/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&list_id=112221&short_desc=kde&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&bug_status=NEEDINFO&bug_status=PLEASETEST&short_desc_type=allwordssubstr&product=LibreOffice

LibreOffice building kickstart guide is here:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BuildingLibreOffice

If you send patches to gerrit or bugzilla, best CC me and Luboš Luňák <l.lunak at suse.cz>.

Best,

Bjoern