Feature request - Integrate automatic updates for other updates into the Software Sources dialog

Lars Vogel lars.vogel at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 08:07:27 UTC 2012

Hello,

I personally install every update which Ubuntu suggests, without
checking anything. I also like the automatic updates of Chrome and
Firefox without my manual intervention.

It would be nice if the "Software Sources" dialog would also allow to
set "Download and install automatically" for other updates. Currently
this setting is only possible for "Security updates" which feel to me
unbalanced.

I'm aware of the "unattended-upgrades" package but IMHO this should be
integrated into the user interface. Screenshot attached.

Best regards, Lars

Eclipse and Android developer and trainer
http://www.vogella.com

P.S.
I hope I understand your feature request policy correctly I should use
this mailing list. I got the information from:
http://www.ubuntu.com/community/report-problem. In the Eclipse project
we also track feature requests in our bug database.