[RFC] AUFS disabled for 12.04

Mike Mestnik cheako at mikemestnik.net
Thu Aug 2 00:07:16 UTC 2012

See bug number 1007089

overlayfs alters /proc/self/exe link(s), making result a dead link.

Test script, from #40:
(
set -e
mkdir -p /mnt/test /tmp/usr
mount none /mnt/test -t overlayfs -o lowerdir=/usr,upperdir=/tmp/usr
/mnt/test/bin/tail -f /dev/null&
ls -lart /proc/$!/exe
kill $!
umount /mnt/test
rmdir /mnt/test /tmp/usr
)
# If a red broken link to/bin/tail is printed then the bug exists. If
the link points to /mnt/test/bin/tail then there is no bug in the
currently running kernel.