Default layout of the GNOME Classic session

Jo-Erlend Schinstad joerlend.schinstad at ubuntu.com
Sun Apr 22 04:02:27 UTC 2012

Den 22. april 2012 05:30, skrev Scott Kitterman:

> I don't know how this works in Gnome, but I think if this were KDE, I think
> everything Benjamin is looking for could be accomplished with an alternate
> meta package and a settings package.

It's just a config. Previously, it was a GConf key. Now it's been moved
to DConf, I think. Not a big deal in any case. But Gnome shouldn't even
be considered in this. What should be a goal, is to minimize the
difference from 10.04. The best would've been if the "Have to press and
hold alt, then right click to customize"-behaviour was removed, imho.
That would've been deviating from Gnome. Changing a config key doesn't
have to involve upstream.

Jo-Erlend Schinstad