Default layout of the GNOME Classic session

Allison Randal allison at ubuntu.com
Sat Apr 21 23:28:30 UTC 2012

On 04/21/2012 03:33 PM, Benjamin Drung wrote:

> Ubuntu Classic would be a better name for the session, because it looks
> more like a GNOME 2 environment from Ubuntu than like an untouched GNOME
> environment. The GNOME Classic session uses the indicators and the
> notify-osd from Ubuntu.

There's a distinction here between essential functional changes to allow
GNOME Panel to integrate with applications and system internals on
Ubuntu, and appearance changes to make it "look more like GNOME 2".

I'm in favor of the first, and not the second. But, I've said enough,
time for others to comment.

Allison