Minutes from the Ubuntu Kernel Team meeting, 2012-04-17

Joseph Salisbury joseph.salisbury at canonical.com
Tue Apr 17 17:22:29 UTC 2012

= Meeting Minutes =
[[http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2012/04/17/%23ubuntu-meeting.txt|IRC Log of
the meeting.]]
[[http://voices.canonical.com/kernelteam|Meeting minutes.]]

== Agenda ==
[[https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/Meeting#Tues, 17 Apr, 2012|20120417
Meeting Agenda]]

=== ARM Status  ===
 P/omap4: the video issue was resolved (lp963512), kernel was rebased on
master (3.2.0-23.36) and Ubuntu-3.2.0-1412.15 will be Precise's omap4 kernel

=== Release Metrics and Incoming Bugs  ===
 Release metrics and incoming bug data can be reviewed at the following
link:
 http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/reports/kt-meeting.txt

=== Milestone Targeted Work Items  ===
 All work items have now been closed \o/

 The Precise kernel is currently frozen and release candidate images are
 set to be spun this Thurs Apr 19.  Final release is almost 1 week away
 on Thurs Apr 26.  We have started queuing patches for the first kernel
 SRU.  This includes patches from the most recent v3.2.15 upstream stable
 release.  Should an additional upload be required before final release,
 we will try to include a few bug fixes which have been queued.  Please
 note that at this point in time, all patches are subject to our SRU
 policy and uploads will only be granted at the discretion of the release
 team.
 https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Kernel/Dev/StablePatchFormat
 Important upcoming dates:
  * Thurs Apr 19 - Release Candidate (~1 day)
  * Thurs Apr 26 - Final Release (~1 week)

 nothing to report, backlog unchanged

Oneiric/Natty/Maverick/Lucid/Hardy  ===

 Here is the status for the main kernels, until today (Apr. 17):

  * Hardy    - 2.6.24-31.101 - Nothing this cycle
  * Lucid    - 2.6.32-41.88  - Regression testing
  * Natty    - 2.6.38-14.58  - Completed
  * Oneiric  - 3.0.0-19.32   - Regression testing

 Current opened tracking bugs details:
  * http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/reports/kernel-sru-workflow.html

 For SRUs, SRU report is a good source of information:
  * http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/reports/sru-report.html

 Future stable cadence cycles:
  * https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PrecisePangolin/ReleaseInterlock

=== Open Discussion or Questions? Raise your hand to be recognized  ===
 Quixotic Quetzacoatl
 bjf just could not resist that
 How would I ever learn to spell that?