Syncing via LP and syncpackage

Andrew Starr-Bochicchio a.starr.b at gmail.com
Sat Sep 24 20:18:32 UTC 2011

Hi all,

I've noticed that the long awaited Launchpad sync button has shown up
on the +localpackagediffs page. [0] I've also noted that as of 0.129
 the syncpackage script in ubuntu-dev-tools now uses the LP API:

ubuntu-dev-tools (0.129) unstable; urgency=low

  [ Colin Watson ]
  * syncpackage: Convert to new LP API, with --no-lp available for the old
    style of operation.
  * syncpackage: Require -f/--force option to overwrite Ubuntu changes.

As this happened without any fanfare or announcement, I wanted to make
sure that this is now an appropriate way to sync packages from Debian.
Can I start using this?

Thanks!

-- Andrew Starr-Bochicchio

   Ubuntu Developer <https://launchpad.net/~andrewsomething>