Reevaluating the "Ubuntu Contributing Developer" status

Luke Faraone luke at faraone.cc
Thu Oct 6 16:04:11 UTC 2011

On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 10:25, Stephen M. Webb <stephen at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> Ubuntu Member: a recognized member of the Ubuntu community
>
> Ubuntu Developer: a Ubuntu Member who obtained their recognition through
> contributing software development (patches, sponsored packages, whatever)

I'm not sure there's a need for such a subset of Member which conveys no
additional access. "Contributing Developer" is the only such category that I
know of. Should we create an "Ubuntu Translator" group for those who
obtained their recognition through contributing translations?

--
Luke Faraone;; Debian & Ubuntu Developer; Sugar Labs, Systems
lfaraone on irc.[freenode,oftc].net -- http://luke.faraone.cc