preparing the opening of the P-series

Matthias Klose doko at ubuntu.com
Thu Oct 6 08:26:50 UTC 2011

While Oneiric is not yet released, it's time to prepare packages for the opening
of the P-series. Please add to the lists at

  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/P-SeriesOpening

what packages to prepare at the beginning of the release cycle, and what to
avoid.  When adding to this list, please see it as a commitment to have packages
ready the day after the oneiric release (e.g. when dropping python2.6 as a
supported python version, prepare the python-defaults package).

We are likely to see more library packages converted for multiarch.  Keep in
mind that even syncing/merging a package from Debian testing doesn't mean that
all packages with build-dependencies are already fixed.  We'll only know in
precise (sounds odd :-/) after a test rebuild (either for the distribution, or
for the library in a PPA).

  Matthias