proposal do disallow syncs of library packages from experimental without approval

Soren Hansen soren at linux2go.dk
Wed Oct 5 20:36:14 UTC 2011

2011/10/5 Sebastien Bacher <seb128 at ubuntu.com>:
> Le mercredi 05 octobre 2011 à 16:08 +0200, Matthias Klose a écrit :
>> During the oneiric development cycle we had syncs of library packages
>> from experimental, introducing new sonames, and changing APIs in a way that
>> other
> The issue is not really specific to experimental, that could happen the
> same way with updates done in Ubuntu directly or syncs from unstable.

Absolutely. Any extra review process, gatekeeping or whatever we come
up with in this discussion should be applied more globally than just
syncs/merges from Debian. It's just as (or perhaps even "at least as")
easy to paint yourself into a corner if you're not going through those
channels.

--
Soren Hansen        | http://linux2go.dk/
Ubuntu Developer    | http://www.ubuntu.com/