Renaming the Packaging Guide

Scott Ritchie scott at open-vote.org
Mon Nov 28 17:44:31 UTC 2011

On 11/28/2011 01:37 AM, Daniel Holbach wrote:
> Hello Martin,
>
> thanks for your reply.
>
> Am 28.11.2011 09:42, schrieb Martin Pool:
>>> I think it might be helpful to rename the Packaging Guide to something a
>>> bit more clear, like Ubuntu Platform Development Guide or Ubuntu
>>> Platform Guide or something along those lines.
>>
>> I think it probably makes sense to either rename it, or make it one
>> volume of a larger Ubuntu Platform Development Guide.
>
> I personally think that renaming should be fine, but I thought it'd be
> good to get more opinions first.
>
> All of the topics below are covered in the guide to some degree, but
> there's more work planned:
>
>  - bzr usage (890273, 845860, 866103 filed)
>  - Launchpad usage (780964 filed)
>  - infrastructure (877251, 788165, 816427 filed)
>  - communications (885317, 890593 filed)
>  - working with external projects (704845, 793899 filed)

Since it's going to cover topics this extensive then I would suggest a
more "bookish" name that feels inviting to read.  Something that if
printed and placed on a store shelf would look like it belonged next to
the O'Reilly books rather than spec manuals.

"How to improve the Ubuntu platform"

Thanks,
Scott Ritchie