Micro Release Exception needed for nova/glance/keystone

Clint Byrum clint at ubuntu.com
Sat Nov 26 00:15:43 UTC 2011

I was just reviewing the SRU's that Chuck Short uploaded for keystone,
nova, and glance to oneiric-proposed, and it strikes me that really
OpenStack core components should go through the MicroReleaseException
process.

Upstream has active QA, and as of diablo supports a stable release branch
with policies around acceptance.

Just sending this to ubuntu-devel as a PSA that if your SRU has more
than 2 or 3 bugs to fix at one time, its probably not going to be able
to pass through our manual patch review process. However, take a look
at the criteria here and consider applying for a micro release exception:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/StableReleaseUpdates/MicroReleaseExceptions