[dom at earth.li: Upcoming perl 5.14 transition]

Colin Watson cjwatson at ubuntu.com
Sun Nov 13 22:19:29 UTC 2011

On Sun, Nov 13, 2011 at 05:59:35PM +0000, Colin Watson wrote:
> I'm happy to shepherd this transition.  While the transition to Perl
> 5.12 involved some base system disruption, I do not think that we will
> see the same problems with Perl 5.14, thanks to the
> debconf-english/debconf-i18n rearrangements in debconf 1.5.39.
>
> Any objections?

Incidentally, since perl has no Ubuntu modifications right now, this
would happen anyway once the new version reaches testing unless we took
explicit steps to stop it.  However, I'd like to get a jump on this and
sync it from unstable, since I'm confident we can get through the
transition quickly at the moment and this would mean that we'd have 5.14
in place well before Alpha 1.