Checklist of package changes for new distribution?

Andrew Starr-Bochicchio a.starr.b at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 17:35:36 UTC 2011

On Mon, Nov 7, 2011 at 11:34 AM, Loïc Minier <loic.minier at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 07, 2011, Steve Magoun wrote:
>> For example, we patch lintian to know about new distributions but
>> lintian is not listed on the ReleaseChecklist.
>
>  I have a local list with notes on whether it has a list of all dists or
>  whether it has the concept of default series (e.g. default upload
>  target):
>
>  debootstrap: only list of dists
>  lintian: only list of dists
>  devscripts: both list of dists and default dist
>  pbuilder: only default dist
>  vim; only list of dists
>  vm-builder: both list of dists and default dist
>  ubuntu-dev-tools: both list of dists and default dist
>  bzr-builddeb

This should no longer be needed in future releases of bzr-builddeb. I
committed a change to use python-distro-info instead of having to
manually fix this every six months. We should really try to use
distro-info where possible. Every release something gets forgotten.
I.e. bzr-builddeb was released in oneiric without knowing about
precise.

>  python-apt
>  ubuntu-meta: only default dist
>  update-manager