Checklist of package changes for new distribution?

Loïc Minier loic.minier at ubuntu.com
Mon Nov 7 16:34:33 UTC 2011

On Mon, Nov 07, 2011, Steve Magoun wrote:
> Is there a checklist of the packages that need to be updated when we
> start working on a new Ubuntu distribution?
>
> I know of this one, but it doesn't seem complete:
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ReleaseChecklist
>
> For example, we patch lintian to know about new distributions but
> lintian is not listed on the ReleaseChecklist.

 I have a local list with notes on whether it has a list of all dists or
 whether it has the concept of default series (e.g. default upload
 target):

 debootstrap: only list of dists
 lintian: only list of dists
 devscripts: both list of dists and default dist
 pbuilder: only default dist
 vim; only list of dists
 vm-builder: both list of dists and default dist
 ubuntu-dev-tools: both list of dists and default dist
 bzr-builddeb
 python-apt
 ubuntu-meta: only default dist
 update-manager

 I'm not sure ReleaseChecklist is the best place to document these, so
 I've not updated it; if someone knows an existing place to list these,
 I'm happy to merge my notes into it.

--
Loïc Minier