11.10 Ubuntu Foundations Team Call for Topics

Robbie Williamson robbie at ubuntu.com
Wed Mar 30 20:47:29 UTC 2011

Hi all,

This is the call for discussion about Ubuntu Foundations planning for
the 11.10 cycle. Here's the process I'd like to use:

1. Send a call for topics the Ubuntu community (this is it)

2. Have an exchange over irc and email to discuss the requirements in depth

3. Produce a resulting UDS plan which summarizes the topics going
into UDS, and feeds into blueprints

4. Provide a final roadmap post-UDS

Here is the schedule with some details.

= March 30th: Request for Topics =
This email is the request for topics. Please send topics that you would
like the Ubuntu Foundations team to consider for this cycle to the
**ubuntu-devel-discuss** mailing list [1] with
"[Oneiric-Foundations-Topic]" in the subject line. These are not
specific requirements, but high-level ideas or concepts.

Though we will want hear about all of your OS plumbing related needs,
while compiling requirements, it may be useful to keep in mind the areas
the our team primarily focuses on, e.g.
 * Boot
 * Package management
 * Toolchain
 * Filesystems
 * Install
 * Networking

= April 4th through April 15th - Requirements discussions held =
We will discuss topics in the ubuntu-devel irc channel and
ubuntu-devel-discuss mailing list. The goal will be to identify and
document specific requirements.

= April 18th through April 29th - Getty Natty out! =

= May 2nd - UDS Oneiric Topics Review =
The week before UDS Oneiric we will present a plan. This is essentially
a review of what topics we have planned for further discussion at UDS.

= May 9th through May 13th - UDS =

= Approximately two weeks post UDS - Oneiric Plan Review =
About two weeks after UDS, we will revise the UDS Oneiric Plan to
capture what was actually decided as the plan of record at UDS, and
present that information. This info will feed into the Ubuntu Server and
Desktop roadmaps.

Thanks,
-Robbie