Please do not use syncpackage during hard-freeze periods

Colin Watson cjwatson at ubuntu.com
Tue Mar 29 09:28:18 UTC 2011

On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 09:44:10AM +0200, Artur Rona wrote:
> What kind of problem do you have with accepting packages based on
> syncpackage?

It's a pain to find out who requested it.

It's a pain to ensure that it's actually a verbatim sync, and that no
mistake was made client-side.

It's generally just a pain.

> Do you need a bug for see explanation why it should be synced? It is,
> in file *_source.changes which is uploaded every time on ftp via dput.
> There is a line called 'Launchpad-Bugs-Fixed' where you can find a bug
> number which is leading to request of sync.

I'm very familiar with the contents of a .changes file, thank you.

Please note that I took pains (having painfully worked out who was
responsible) to perform a mahara sync in your name rather than merely
rejecting your syncpackage upload.  You got what you wanted, although it
was more work on my end.

Regards,