Please do not use syncpackage during hard-freeze periods

Colin Watson cjwatson at ubuntu.com
Sat Mar 26 10:39:15 UTC 2011

During hard-freeze periods (such as the current beta freeze) all uploads
to the queue must have an easily-found rationale (preferably in the
changelog or a linked bug) in order to be accepted.  syncpackage does
not permit this, because all we get in the queue is the changelog
written by the Debian maintainer, which doesn't typically explain why
the changes matter for the Ubuntu 11.04 beta-1 release.

I have rejected three uploads made using syncpackage:

  aview
  bbrun
  papaya

If these need to be in the 11.04 beta-1 release, please file sync
request bugs using requestsync, and include an appropriate rationale.

Thank you,