Qt3 and LSB compliance

Etienne Goyer etienne.goyer at canonical.com
Wed Mar 2 20:23:55 UTC 2011

On 11-03-02 03:12 PM, Till Kamppeter wrote:
> But how is it working with commercial support customers who buy
> LSB-based commercial software?

We do not make any commitment regarding third-party software.

In principle, from a commercial point of view, I would see value in
officially standing behind the LSB by keeping it in main.  In practice,
however, there really isn't much LSB-compliant software out there.
Actually, I cannot think of any beside the print drivers Till mentioned
earlier.  :/

In the end, I am not the one making the call about the worthiness of LSB
compliance.  This is just my personal opinion.

--
Etienne Goyer
Technical Account Manager - Canonical Ltd

 ~= Ubuntu: Linux for Human Beings =~