Qt3 and LSB compliance

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 20:12:12 UTC 2011

On 03/02/2011 09:04 PM, Martin Pitt wrote:
> Till Kamppeter [2011-03-02 19:04 +0100]:
>> pitti, we need to leave LSB in main to support the automatically
>> downloading printer driver packages.
>
> Why does the lsb package have to be in main for that? We enable
> universe by default, and once you install third-party packages you
> already left the domain of supported packages anyway..

I did not know that Universe is activated by default. Then it is no
problem for the printer drivers to pull "lsb" from Universe. So for most
users the drivers simply install and "just work".

But how is it working with commercial support customers who buy
LSB-based commercial software? And how do system-config-printer and
Jockey behave for these customers if due to missing "lsb" (when Universe
is turned off) the printer driver packages cannot get installed?

    Till