build-from-branch into the primary archive

Andrew Starr-Bochicchio a.starr.b at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 15:07:47 UTC 2011

On Tue, Mar 8, 2011 at 9:42 AM, James Westby <jw+debian at jameswestby.net> wrote:
> On Mon, 7 Mar 2011 13:56:19 -0800, Steve Langasek <steve.langasek at ubuntu.com> wrote:
>> Maybe 'bzr debrelease', to avoid polluting the namespace too much?
>>
>> This should be implemented on top of 'dch' and support the -D option to
>> specify an upload target; we definitely shouldn't have bzr-builddeb encoding
>> its own notion of the default upload target, it's bad enough to have *one*
>> package that doesn't get updated for this as part of the release. :)
>
> Too late, sorry :-)
>
> I wonder if it would be possible to use dch for all the places this
> information is currently needed.

I wonder what ever happened to bdrung's efforts to get a release-info
script in the archive? I haven't heard anything about this in a while,
but though it was a great idea. Having to update this info in only one
package would be ideal.

Some background:

https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel-discuss/2009-November/010102.html
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel-discuss/2009-December/010202.html