build-from-branch into the primary archive

Benjamin Drung bdrung at ubuntu.com
Tue Mar 8 15:16:38 UTC 2011

Am Dienstag, den 08.03.2011, 10:07 -0500 schrieb Andrew
Starr-Bochicchio:
> On Tue, Mar 8, 2011 at 9:42 AM, James Westby <jw+debian at jameswestby.net> wrote:
> > On Mon, 7 Mar 2011 13:56:19 -0800, Steve Langasek <steve.langasek at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> >> Maybe 'bzr debrelease', to avoid polluting the namespace too much?
> >>
> >> This should be implemented on top of 'dch' and support the -D option to
> >> specify an upload target; we definitely shouldn't have bzr-builddeb encoding
> >> its own notion of the default upload target, it's bad enough to have *one*
> >> package that doesn't get updated for this as part of the release. :)
> >
> > Too late, sorry :-)
> >
> > I wonder if it would be possible to use dch for all the places this
> > information is currently needed.
>
> I wonder what ever happened to bdrung's efforts to get a release-info
> script in the archive? I haven't heard anything about this in a while,
> but though it was a great idea. Having to update this info in only one
> package would be ideal.

I renamed it to distro-info and integrated into ubuntu-dev-tools. You
can play with distro-info, ubuntu-distro-info, and debian-distro-info in
natty.

My plan is to move these scripts from ubuntu-dev-tools to devscripts
(and let dch use them).

--
Benjamin Drung
Debian & Ubuntu Developer