Qt3 and LSB compliance

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Wed Mar 2 16:53:45 UTC 2011

Hello all,

Jonathan Riddell [2011-03-02 16:05 +0000]:
> It would be good to move Qt 3 from main to universe, it's unmaintained
> upstream, is a duplication of another library (Qt 4) and is not
> actively used by anything much.

*agree*

> This leaves one dependency, lsb-desktop.  LSB upstream is pretty
> inactive and doesn't seem to be updating to remove this obsolete
> library.  Do we care about about LSB to keep Qt 3 in main?

I take it we'd still need to keep Qt3 around in universe for some
time. Would it be feasible to move lsb-desktop and lsb to universe as
well? The only real main dependency of it that I see is the
"kubuntu-full" task, i. e. it'd just need unseeding.

Martin