Patch Pilot Report 2011-06-21

Sebastien Bacher seb128 at ubuntu.com
Tue Jun 21 17:08:26 UTC 2011

Hi,

That's the notes of my patch pilot day (was scheduled yesterday but I
did it today)

I started with a queue of 75 items and stopped with a count of 56, quite
some items are build fixes for universe packages for sources where we
are in sync so I preferred to ask the submitters to send those to the
BTS before uploading

"https://code.launchpad.net/~rodrigo-moya/ubuntu/oneiric/accountsservice/add_postinst/+merge/64664
the patch has been applied in debian and sync, closed the merge request

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/synaptic/+bug/791135
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/synaptic/+bug/206555
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/synaptic/+bug/157574
upstream synaptic merge request, pinged mvo about those

https://code.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-branches/ubuntu/oneiric/gdm-guest-session/oneiric-201106210806/+merge/65313
cleaned the vcs seems fine

https://code.launchpad.net/~ted/ubuntu/oneiric/json-glib/0.13.4/+merge/65263
reviewed, that's only an update and we are on sync with debian and
should better stay this way if we can, pinged one of the debian
maintainer about it and added a comment on the merge request

https://code.launchpad.net/~dpolehn-gmail/ubuntu/oneiric/pygpiv/fix-755955/+merge/65157
build fix due to the multiarch changes for a package in sync on Debian,
asked if the submitter could send his patch to the Debian BTS

https://code.launchpad.net/~amoog/ubuntu/oneiric/libqtbamf/lp-765915/+merge/65132
the current version built fine in oneiric, asked questions on the merge
request

https://code.launchpad.net/~scarneiro/ubuntu/oneiric/pppstatus/fix-for-770756/+merge/65094
the package is on sync with debian and several of the changes are
lintian warnings cleaning, the fix should be sent to Debian, added a
comment about that

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/pppoeconf/+bug/799149
pppoeconf merge request, but it installed a .desktop back from the
utility, added a comment on the bug saying that we still probably don't
want to have that command in a .desktop for a desktop environment

https://code.launchpad.net/~scarneiro/ubuntu/oneiric/googlizer/fix-for-770806/+merge/65088
the package is on sync with debian and several of the changes are
lintian warnings cleaning, the fix should be sent to Debian, added a
comment about that

https://code.launchpad.net/~mvo/ubuntu-sso-client/dh_python2/+merge/64154
seems fine, pinged the maintainer about it to know if there was any
reason to not upload

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gdebi/+bug/798882
subscribed ubuntu-archive since mvo acked it

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/jigit/+bug/800206
sync request, acked

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/grub2/+bug/604335
Colin said he would deal with that one, unsubscribed sponsors

https://code.launchpad.net/~om26er/ubuntu/lucid/libimobiledevice/fix-iOS5-support/+merge/64293
https://code.launchpad.net/~om26er/ubuntu/maverick/libimobiledevice/fix-iOS5-support/+merge/64288
those SRU look fine but the current libimobiledevice SRUs need to be
verified so they can move to updates

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libevent/+bug/796187
new libevent sync request (it's in Debian experimental), asked for
comments on IRC in case somebody would have a clue about the new
version, it's required for some updates and fedora did the update
previous cycle but Debian keeps it in experimental and the maintainer
seems not responsive on the bug asking when it will move to unstable

https://code.launchpad.net/~oier/ubuntu/oneiric/latex-beamer/fix-for-bug-682202/+merge/64247
some of changes are not required (debhelper requirement update,
standards version update), the fix should be sent to debian, commented
to say that

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/djvulibre/+bug/800041
sync request, acked

https://code.launchpad.net/~mvo/ubuntu-sso-client/dh_python2/+merge/64154
uploaded

https://code.launchpad.net/~cairo-dock-team/ubuntu/oneiric/cairo-dock/2.3.0-3/+merge/65211
uploaded

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/oneiric/+source/vgrabbj/+bug/756167
build fix, the package is in sync with Debian and the bug applies to
Debian as well, asked the submitter to send his patch to the BTS so we
can stay in sync

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/oneiric/+source/uvccapture/+bug/756023
https://code.launchpad.net/~dpolehn-gmail/ubuntu/oneiric/wmtv/fix-756053/+merge/64053
same for those

https://code.launchpad.net/~alexandru.cucu/ubuntu/natty/whois/fix-for-785052/+merge/64172
the fix was already uploaded but the merge request was for natty and
wouldn't let me change the status, asked on IRC to get it set to merged,
pitti did it"

Cheers,
Sebastien Bacher