dh_python2 porting jam, this Thursday June 23rd

Barry Warsaw barry at ubuntu.com
Tue Jun 21 16:19:08 UTC 2011

Hello everybody,

This Thursday, June 23rd, we are going to have a dh_python2 porting jam.  If
you know about packaging, and have meddled with Python packaging before, we
invite you to hang out and port a load of packages with us.

We have some documentation to explain better what exactly we're going to be
doing, and why:

	https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BarryWarsaw/PythonHelpers

You are of course welcome to start working on these, fixing them and getting
them included in Ubuntu [1], but if you wait for the 23rd, we will offer this
for you:

 * IRC Training sessions in #ubuntu-pyjam at 1300 and 1800 UTC
 * Lots of fun and good atmosphere
 * Reviewers who can check and upload your code for you. (In addition to
   our regular patch pilots [2] we will have additional people to make
   sure all merge requests are tended to.)

If this sounds great to you, make sure pencil in this Thursday, June 23rd into
your calendar and just show up in #ubuntu-pyjam on irc.freenode.net.

We're looking forward to having you there!

Cheers,
-Barry and the Jam organizers

[1] http://tinyurl.com/6a6f9yz
[2] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuDevelopment/CodeReviews#preview

Please note, while we're going to be giving assistance in converting from
python-central and python-support to dh_python2, don't count on us having time
to provide general packaging guidance.