New Launchpad feature: Diff between Sid and Oneiric

Julian Edwards julian.edwards at canonical.com
Thu Jun 16 14:23:57 UTC 2011

On Thursday 16 June 2011 14:08:14 Sebastien Bacher wrote:
> On mer., 2011-06-15 at 23:03 -0700, Bryce Harrington wrote:
> > There's now support in launchpad for displaying source package diffs
> > between what's in ubuntu oneiric and what's in debian sid.  Check it
> >
> > out:
> >   https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/oneiric/+localpackagediffs
>
> Hey again,
>
> So I've been looking a bit to it, reading the LEP document you pointed
> and thinking how we could use for the desktop team versions page we use
> (it already lists package outdated compared to upstream and debian,
> build failures, sponsoring request and our workflow is centered around
> it), and I've a few comments, questions:
>
> * is the current page only tracking Debian unstable? GNOME3 is in
> experimental still in Debian and for desktop work we are interested to
> track experimental and not unstable, is there any way to do that?

Each series can only track one set of parent distros at once, unfortunately.
We did put in a way of changing to a different parent when opening a new
series, which will be useful for LTSes.

> * is there a standard url we could build in a programmatic way so our
> version page could have an icon or something pointing to the diff page
> for the sources where are outdated compared to Debian?

Yes, the page uses a GET form and allows a package name filter.

Notice also there's two other pages, please see the new portlet on the
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/oneiric page ("Derived from Sid").

Cheers.