New Launchpad feature: Diff between Sid and Oneiric

Sebastien Bacher seb128 at ubuntu.com
Thu Jun 16 13:08:14 UTC 2011

On mer., 2011-06-15 at 23:03 -0700, Bryce Harrington wrote:

> There's now support in launchpad for displaying source package diffs
> between what's in ubuntu oneiric and what's in debian sid.  Check it
> out:
>
>   https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/oneiric/+localpackagediffs

Hey again,

So I've been looking a bit to it, reading the LEP document you pointed
and thinking how we could use for the desktop team versions page we use
(it already lists package outdated compared to upstream and debian,
build failures, sponsoring request and our workflow is centered around
it), and I've a few comments, questions:

* is the current page only tracking Debian unstable? GNOME3 is in
experimental still in Debian and for desktop work we are interested to
track experimental and not unstable, is there any way to do that?

* is there a standard url we could build in a programmatic way so our
version page could have an icon or something pointing to the diff page
for the sources where are outdated compared to Debian?

Cheers,
Sebastien Bacher