Transitioning Python 2 helpers to dh_python2

Colin Watson cjwatson at ubuntu.com
Tue Jun 14 08:43:07 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 11:37:11AM -0400, Barry Warsaw wrote:
> On Jun 12, 2011, at 01:58 AM, Micah Gersten wrote:
> >Hi, would you be interested in having a transition set up in our
> >transition tracker [1] for this?
>
> It could be, but to be brutally honest, I find these pages fairly difficult to
> parse.  Looking at e.g. perl.html, you get a huge blob of something before you
> get to the statuses,

The Perl 5.12 transition was an unusually awkward case because it was
hard to specify the affected package list.  Look at something like
http://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-archive/transitions/openssl.html
instead, which doesn't have that huge blob.

> but even here, there's little or no help to explain what you're
> actually looking at, or how to use the data.  I'm sure it's very
> helpful to folks who already know what this means, but does the
> average Ubuntu developer understand how to read this?

By all means propose a branch with a legend or something.  Personally I
find red and green rows fairly clear. :-)