Uploading to multiple distros

Andres Rodriguez andreserl at ubuntu.com
Thu Jun 2 22:07:01 UTC 2011

> I handle this using a set of scripts in Ubuntu's bikeshed package:
>  * http://manpg.es/release-build
>  * http://manpg.es/release

+1! I have been using these scripts extensively to do my releases, and
preparing the packages to upload them into the archive or
PPA's. Specifically for TestDrive and PowerNap. A common example is
PowerNap, on which I use these scripts to prepare a release, test it, and
once I'm satisfied, I upload them to the PPA's without having to do manual
modifications to the changelogs and being able to easily release a backport
in PPA for PowerNap.

These scripts are a little Ubuntu/Launchpad/Bzr specific, so I'm not
> advocating their use to you (Debian), but acknowledging and supporting
> Ian's suggestion to solve some duplication of effort!

I agree with you Dustin that the use of scripts like this can resolve some
duplication! Even though they don't work with Debian itself, I don't see the
problem of adapting them to handle both cases and then making life easier
for everybody!

--
Andres Rodriguez (RoAkSoAx)
Ubuntu Server Developer