Minutes from the Developer Membership Board meeting, 2011-12-19

Iain Lane laney at ubuntu.com
Tue Dec 20 23:18:12 UTC 2011

Meeting started by Laney at 14:12:42 UTC.  The full logs are available at

== Meeting summary ==

 * Present: Laney (chair), bdrung, micahg, stgraber, tumbleweed.

 * Review of previous action items
  * micahg to ping all packageset teams to get a description we can use for future changes
    * done, to review at next meeting

 * Package set application: desktop-extra
   * Approved, see votes below. Action for stgraber to create desktop-extra set 

 * Ubuntu Core Developer reapplication for Daniel T Chen
   * No vote deemed necessary. Daniel was duly reactivated. Members wondered
     why they had not received email about the expiration — Laney to raise with

 * AOB
  * tumbleweed raised the medium-term elections that the DMB needs to hold,
    agreed to discuss at the next meeting.
  * bdrung raised the fact that we have many different term expirations, some
    quite close to others. It would be nice to adjust as appropriate so that
    restaffing is easier. Action for bdrung to talk to the TB about harmonising
    DMB members' expiration dates for easier restaffing 

 * chair for next meeting
   * still cody-somerville, with micahg as fallback.

Meeting ended at 14:48:51 UTC

== Votes ==

* Create desktop-extra packageset with description "Every package that is NOT
  in ubuntu-desktop, desktop-core or core, but needed for a vanilla GNOME.
  Vanilla GNOME is defined by upstream in gnome-suites-core,
  gnome-suites-core-deps, and gnome-apps:
  http://git.gnome.org/browse/jhbuild/tree/modulesets" and initial packages
  "abiword accerciser alacarte anjuta caribou cheese clutter ekiga
  epiphany-browser fonts-cantarell f-spot gdm ghex gjs gnome-backgrounds
  gnome-color-manager gnome-contacts gnome-devel-docs gnome-documents
  gnome-icon-theme-extras gnome-packagekit gnome-scan gnome-shell gnome-sushi
  gnome-tweak-tool gnome-video-effects gnote gnumeric goffice gthumb
  gtksourceviewmm gupnp-av gupnp-dlna gupnp-vala java-gnome libchamplain
  monkey-bubble mutter mx nemiver opal packagekit ptlib rygel seed sound-juicer
  tomboy tracker" and initial member ~ubuntu-desktop
   For: 5 Against: 0 Abstained: 0

== Action items ==

 * stgraber to create desktop-extra set
 * bdrung to talk to the TB about harmonising DMB members' expiration dates for
   easier restaffing

== Action items, by person ==

 * bdrung
 ** bdrung to talk to the TB about harmonising DMB members' expiration dates
    for easier restaffing
 * stgraber
 ** stgraber to create desktop-extra set

== People present (lines said) ==

 * Laney (70)
 * tumbleweed (22)
 * micahg (21)
 * bdrung (19)
 * meetingology (15)
 * stgraber (10)

Iain Lane                                  [ iain at orangesquash.org.uk ]
Debian Developer                                   [ laney at debian.org ]
Ubuntu Developer                                   [ laney at ubuntu.com ]
PhD student                                       [ ial at cs.nott.ac.uk ]
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: signature.asc
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 836 bytes
Desc: Digital signature
URL: <https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel/attachments/20111220/6f294362/attachment.pgp>

More information about the ubuntu-devel mailing list