desktop-extra set

Iain Lane laney at ubuntu.com
Mon Dec 19 13:06:56 UTC 2011

On Mon, Dec 05, 2011 at 02:42:17PM -0500, Jeremy Bicha wrote:
> On 2 December 2011 08:48, Iain Lane <laney at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> > Hi Jeremy (CC dmb),
> >
> > Is everything ready for us to assess the desktop set? If so, we'd
> > appreciate it if you could attend our meeting on Monday 5th at 1900 UTC.
> >
> > We'll need
> >
> >  - Final version of the set's description
> >  - Initial list of packages with which to seed the set
> >
> > Preferably in advance so that we can check the list.
>
> This is basically a copy of my November 7 email. The only change was a
> slight clarification in the description (it previously said NOT in
> main, and the addition of gnome-boxes as a new GNOME 3.4 app).
>
> "Every package that is NOT in ubuntu-desktop, desktop-core or core,
> but needed for a vanilla GNOME. Vanilla GNOME is defined by upstream
> in gnome-suites-core, gnome-suites-core-deps, and gnome-apps
> http://git.gnome.org/browse/jhbuild/tree/modulesets"

I just ran this through a script to check the packagesets (output
attached), and got the following hits which will require changes.

,----
| laney at raleigh> grep "\(core\|ubuntu-desktop\|desktop-core\|not found\)" packages-sets
| babl: desktop-core, ubuntu-server
| banshee: cli-mono, netbook, ubuntu-desktop
| clutter-gst: netbook, ubuntu-desktop
| clutter-gtk: netbook, ubuntu-desktop, unr
| cogl: netbook, ubuntu-desktop
| dbus-sharp: cli-mono, netbook, ubuntu-desktop
| devhelp: kubuntu, netbook, ubuntu-desktop
| gnome-applets: ubuntu-desktop, unr
| gnome-bluetooth: core, unr
| gnome-boxes: not found
| gnome-panel: ubuntu-desktop
| gtk-sharp2: cli-mono, ubuntu-desktop
| libgdiplus: cli-mono, core
| mono: cli-mono, core
| mono-addins: cli-mono, netbook, ubuntu-desktop, unr
| notification-daemon: core
| taglib-sharp: cli-mono, netbook, ubuntu-desktop
| vinagre: netbook, ubuntu-desktop
`----

I know that some of your inclusions were in anticipation of future
changes, but I don't think it's right for this set to preempt that. It's
very easy for DMB members to update sets in the future so we should just
fix it then.

I don't know about gnome-boxes — what is that supposed to be?

Other than that, looks good to me. Trimmed list of packages attached.

--
Iain Lane                                  [ iain at orangesquash.org.uk ]
Debian Developer                                   [ laney at debian.org ]