Patch Pilot report 2011-12-05

Micah Gersten micah at canonical.com
Tue Dec 6 11:16:35 UTC 2011

31 items in queue at the start of my shift

Bug #900457 - Sync tracker 0.12.8-1 (universe) from Debian unstable (main)
 - sync ACKd

Bug #900351 - Please merge libparse-http-useragent-perl 0.33-1
(universe) from Debian unstable
 - debdiff was fine, test built, uploaded

Review Seamonkey 2.5 branch merge from Joe Lesko (not in queue)
 - needed some cleanup, working with him on it

Review bug 900596/Merge
lp:~nataliabidart/ubuntu/precise/magicicada/magicicada-0.4.1 into
lp:ubuntu/magicicada
 - branch had some issues with the changelog and possible accidental
changes, marked as Incomplete/Needs Fixing

Reviewed bug 900421/900565 about multiarch conversions, but had a
question about whether or not we should be pushing Pre-Depends:
${misc:Pre-Depends} as opposed to Pre-Depends: multiarch-support, the
former is on the Debian Wiki conversion guide, the latter is less
invasive of a packaging change which might appeal to some maintainers, I
believe the answer is we should be doing as the wiki suggests and if
maintainers complain, explain why the change is better (i.e.
multiarch-support Pre-Depends controlled from a single location vs
thousands of source packages), but I wanted to be sure before sponsoring
these debdiffs

Review Bug #839745 - chemtool translation not working
 - missing minimal debdiffs, requested updated versions, unsubscribed
sponsors

Reviewed Merge lp:~tkluck/ubuntu/oneiric/goocanvas/v2 into
lp:ubuntu/goocanvas
 - lots of issues, requested fixing and suggested the updater to contact
the Debian maintainer since the package hasn't been touched in Debian in
18 months and has seen 3 upstream releases this year
 - updater responded, he's working to get a new source into Debian so we
can keep GTK2/GTK3 versions of goocanvas if necessary

looked at Bug #899315 - ebtables crashed with SIGSEGV in
ebt_initialize_entry()
 - wasn't happy with the patch, requested patch writer to actually fix
the -as-needed issue and not work around it, milestoned for alpha2 since
it's a regression with a seemingly easy fix, tagged regression-release,
subscribed to bug to keep an eye on it

28 items at the end of my shift