DMB: Proposal for a different review process

Mackenzie Morgan macoafi at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 20:21:49 UTC 2011

On Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 4:14 PM, Mackenzie Morgan <macoafi at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 4:04 PM, Scott Moser <smoser at ubuntu.com> wrote:
>> 2011-06-20 [1] ended in a discussion about "Whats a Quorum"

And if you read it, it's not "what's quorum?" We KNOW that. It's 4.
The question was whether having majority-of-the-board-members-present
was enough OR whether the applicant needed to have 4 +1 votes.

That is:
Does having 3 or the 4 quorum-makers vote +1 mean you get in because
you got 3/4 OR does it mean you need to get more votes on the mailing
list because that's 3/7?
In line with that, the question was also:
Does having +1, +1, +1, +1, -1, -1, -1 = +1 total (+4, -3) count as "passing"?
How about +1, +1, +1, +1, +0, +0, +0 = +4 total (+4, +0)?

Emmet wrote up what the voting procedure was on the Tech Board mailing
list shortly after the meeting. I've never come across it written down
before, and this was the DMB's first split vote since I joined it. The
applicant received no more +1s via email after those not present
voted, so the result is "not yet." The TB referred the question of
vote totaling to the CC to set a unified policy, since there is
disagreement about how -1s and +0s should be treated.

--
Mackenzie Morgan