DMB: Proposal for a different review process

Mackenzie Morgan macoafi at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 19:35:17 UTC 2011

On Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 3:24 PM, Scott Moser <smoser at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> With no further digging, only looking at
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DeveloperMembershipBoard/Logs , 4 out of the last
> 11 meetings scheduled did not happen.  3 of those were due to lack of
> quorum.  At least one other meeting not explicitly listed required email
> vote due to lack of quorum.

Which was that? We did do email voting for a handful of people, but
that was due to having inherited a large enough backlog that even
having quorum wouldn't have gotten through before more people were
added to the list again without having meetings last 2-3 hours 2-3
times.

> At very least, this issue needs to be fixed.  Meetings need to happen at
> scheduled times, or be postponed/rescheduled at least 24 hours in advance.

Believe I already said this, but...
The first two were when the board first went in, at which point we
realised that the old board's meeting time....royally sucked for all
of us. So we changed it. And then it went along fine with us meeting
all the time. The third was a holiday in the US, so I'm not at all
surprised that it was missed, though we should've conferred first to
see if anyone was planning on being awake before BBQ time ;)  My work
schedule has changed so that I *cannot* attend the early meeting,
period, which is part of why there was no quorum this week. A Doodle
poll is up for us to pick a new time that actually works for
everybody.

--
Mackenzie Morgan