DMB: Proposal for a different review process

Mackenzie Morgan macoafi at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 18:43:43 UTC 2011

On Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 2:32 PM, Chase Douglas
<chase.douglas at canonical.com> wrote:
> I don't think the DMB process is an important piece of community
> socialization at all. I doubt many people pay attention to it if they
> don't have a specific need to. There are much better and more important
> social pieces of Ubuntu. I just want to make this piece as painless as
> possible.

I can think of one case where seeing the social interactions between
an applicant and board members in a meeting *should* have put up big
red flags around that applicant. Apparently they weren't big enough,
but he's gone now, and you can probably guess who I mean. Those red
flags, if they were being noticed, would have been the usefully
"social" part of the meeting.

--
Mackenzie Morgan