Default Desktop Experience for 11.04

Martin Owens doctormo at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 13:26:35 UTC 2011

On Mon, 2011-04-11 at 04:22 -0700, Scott Ritchie wrote:
> I think it's the height of arrogance for us to tell a user that we're
> going to deliberately break his application because it wasn't updated
> use our new indicator library.

We tell users all the time that we've broken their windows application
by not implementing any windows apis. No guarantees.

So, do we guarantee completely that gnome 2.x apps will function in
Unity? If we do, then we should support the entire API (somehow),
otherwise we be honest and say we support a major subset which may mean
your app won't work completely.

It can hardly be arrogance so long as we're honest about what we
support.

Martin Owens