Using something better than Gobby for session notes at UDS

James Page james.page at canonical.com
Sun Apr 10 17:50:50 UTC 2011

On Fri, 2011-04-08 at 16:39 -0500, Dustin Kirkland wrote:
> It suffers from most the usual ailments endemic to large Java packages
> in Debian/Ubuntu.  The debconf could use a little bit of love.  And
> obviously the change from sunjdk -> openjdk needs a bit of testing.  I
> can do a complete review of the packaging as an Archive Admin and
> publish my notes, if we want to consider it for inclusion in Universe
> for Oneiric, but I haven't done so thus far.

Hi Dustin

I started to take a look at the bundled Java dependencies last week; it
looked like all but 3 of them could be fulfilled through existing Java
libraries in the archive.

Happy to integrate this into the packaging - do you have a branch I can
work against?

> James, is this a reasonable starting point?  And is there anyone out
> there on ubuntu-devel@ who feels strongly enough about Etherpad/Gobby
> to pick up this packaging/testing and take it from here?

I would be up for this; the upstream build process is completely
non-standard but we should be able to work it into something more
maintainable.

Cheers

James

--