ari-tczew to be excluded from Ubuntu community

Roth Robert evfool at gmail.com
Sat Apr 9 07:59:27 UTC 2011

I have been reading this thread since it was started, and I've been thinking
about the question (what has ari-tczew done to deserve this?) and how and
why can somebody be excluded for two years from the Ubuntu community?
My question of whether this is fair or not has disappeared when the person
in question has responded to the mail (announcing his exclusion) thanking
everything to everybody (I'm respecting him for this).
That mail was also the best proof for me that this exclusion was not just
the wish of some people who have the right to do it, but a consequence of
something the excluded also knows about and most probably regrets it, as he
didn't argue on that matter, and didn't veto that decision.
I do not know who is in the Community Council and who is in the Developer
Membership board, but I totally agree that this is issue had to be handled
as private as it was possible, because it is a privacy issue. I'm sure that
no one would like to have a public discussion enumerating his mistakes and
whether these deserve "punishment" (like exclusion) or not.

So my conclusion is that the transparency of the Ubuntu community in similar
issues should remain as it is now.

Just my two cents regarding this thread, only a personal opinion.

Regards,
Robert

PS: I respect the Ubuntu community even more since this issue has been
handled for
* taking the hard decision (excluding a regular contributor)
* showing that the rules (there aren't many of them, the Code of Conduct is
a short text) have to be taken seriously, and failing multiple times to
respect them does have consequences
* a community member admits that he has made some mistakes, and "faces the
music"/"holds the sack"/accepts the consequences