Default Desktop Experience for 11.04

Marcin Juszkiewicz marcin.juszkiewicz at linaro.org
Fri Apr 8 08:18:59 UTC 2011

Dnia 2011-04-07, czw o godzinie 22:00 -0400, Jorge O. Castro pisze:
> On Thu, Apr 7, 2011 at 9:38 PM, Rick Spencer <rick.spencer at canonical.com> wrote:
> > 1. There are key feature regressions, for example, there is no systray
> > support for many important applications.
>
> According to the AppIndicator Design document the notification area
> will be phased out:
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CustomStatusMenuDesignGuidelines
>
> We've been transitioning since 10.04 now so I don't think this should
> be attributed to Unity entirely, we could have easily run into this by
> not shipping the notification area in classic mode.

Good that there are other environments then default Unity/GNOME ones in
Ubuntu. From apps which I use at least two are still systray ones:
Last.Fm and PSI. I use them for years and do not want to change just
because there is no systray support.

But I also use XFCE so I should be safe from your changes ;D