brainstorming for UDS-N - Hardware Compatibility

Mario Limonciello superm1 at ubuntu.com
Thu Sep 30 14:56:53 BST 2010

  Hi Allison:

Something I'd like to see is Jockey learning what's available in LBM
that can help your hardware improve.  I'll use a real-world example.  A
user has some brand new sandy bridge ethernet hardware on their
motherboard.  They install Maverick and have support for their hardware
in the Maverick kernel from some backported patches.  There happens to
also be support however in LBM for a full backport from 2.6.36 for that
ethernet driver.

In a scenario like this I think it would make sense for Jockey to offer
on a 2nd or 3rd boot offer some information about the LBM driver and why
it might be beneficial.

--
Mario Limonciello
superm1 at ubuntu.com