Ubuntu server new contributor interviews

Ahmed Kamal ahmed.kamal at canonical.com
Fri Sep 24 12:23:28 BST 2010

  Howdy everyone,

As part of the Ubuntu community team's initiative to take a good hard
look at how it feels for new-comers to get involved, I am sending this
email in search of Ubuntu-server new contributers (or want-to-be
contributers). If you need a nice overview of what this is all about, I
suggest you read Jono's blog entry at:
http://www.jonobacon.org/2010/09/23/taking-a-step-back-with-fresh-eyes/

If you:
- Want to contribute to Ubuntu-server, have read some wiki pages, talked
a bit on IRC, but not sure how to proceed and feeling lost => ping me
- Have contributed small chunks, been involved with Ubuntu-server for a
few Months => ping me
- Generally find it a bit difficult to locate things to work on, or you
know what you want to work on but you're not sure how to best get it
done and feel overwhelmed => ping me

Note that well established community members who basically know how
everything works are not really in the focus of this initiative, since
we're after fresh feedback from new-comers. If you're the person we're
looking for, please ping me (by email), since the Ubuntu server
community is not too large, every voice counts. So there you go, flood
me with emails :)

Regards